How to make the most of promoting your videos on twitter
Twitter is an online news and social media networking site where people communicate in short messages called tweets. Its primary purpose is to connect people and allow people to share their thoughts with a large number of people online. Twitter is easy to use as either broadcaster or a receiver. You join with a free account and Twitter name. Then you send broadcasts (tweets) daily, hourly, or as frequently as you like.
A growing number of Twitter users send out useful content, and that's the real value of Twitter. It provides a stream of quick updates from friends, family, scholars, news journalists, and experts.
Did you know that just like Instagram or Facebook (now called as meta) Twitter is a much better platform to promote your videos on?
Promoting your videos online allows you to attract new viewers to the channel through ad targeting.
Let’s check out how to use twitter to promote your videos
- Mention the name of your YouTube channel on twitter: if you want people to know about your YouTube channel then, the best way to do this is by mentioning your YouTube channel’s name in the bio of your twitter account. Not just that! You can even share a link which will direct people to your YouTube channel page. Having a good Twitter bio matter. The way you place the emojis, the things you mention about yourself and your brand and the way you put these things together say a lot about the value of your brand. Twitter bios are brief. So, take all the space you need to convey essential information. Plus, a recent study found more characters in your bio equals more followers. So, make sure your bio is not very short or not too long.
- Use different hashtags: A hashtag, that is written with a # symbol is used to index keywords or topics on Twitter. Whichever social media platforms your brand uses as part of its social media strategy, knowing how to use hashtags will help boost your brand’s social media reach and engagement. Including hashtags in your posts means taking part in a conversation happening on that social media platform. And most importantly, it makes your posts visible in that conversation. This function was created on Twitter, and allows people to easily follow topics they are interested in. Hashtags make it easier to find information with a specific theme or content. People who are interested in a specific topic can easily search your videos or tweets by simply typing in the word with a hashtag. There is no limit to the number of Hashtags one can use. In case your video is a new cooking recipe, you can use hashtags like
In short to say, there are no limits to the hashtags you could use. Make sure you make the best out of this feature!
- Engage with people: As far as social media marketing goes; Twitter is one of the major players. Twitter is a place especially for conversations. Engaging with people is one of the best ways to get involved with people in different conversations and discussions going on in the world. Study has found that people on twitter will unfollow a brand within 3 weeks if a brand hasn’t made a strong enough effort to keep them engaged early, such as by posting content relevant to them or engaging with them. Include your followers in the conversation. Ask questions and find out what matters to them. This will help boost engagement and you’ll learn lots of valuable information about your followers. Twitter engagement is one of the key ways to be identified and recognized on twitter. If you want other users to engage with your content, a good way to start is to always interact with them first. Like, respond to, and retweet your user’s content when you can, and following them can also help. Just like with Facebook, there will be certain times of the day or days of the week when more of your users will be active on the site or more likely to engage with your content. By being able to find those peak hours and posting during them, you’ll get more views and you’ll be more likely to increase engagement and clicks on your post.
- Create a tweet schedule: it is very important to set-up a tweet schedule just as you set up your alarm every morning. Therefore, scheduling a time when you will post a tweet will make people aware and curious to view your tweet. Scheduling Tweets can be a game-changer for your brand. That's because when you schedule Tweets, you are giving your audience a consistent stream of engaging, unique and new content. You should try to use your account regularly, providing content that your potential audience enjoys. Plus, scheduling a tweet can help you plan out a great social media content strategy, as you can schedule Tweets days or weeks in advance. Scheduling your posts is a great way to use your social media such as twitter or instagram as a tool to build your brand and get more views, but only if used wisely. Scheduling posts can save you time and can help you look more consistent to your followers. Always remember consistency is the key!
- Share and support other YouTubers content: sharing others content on your tweets is a good way of building relationships with another YouTuber out there. They will do that in return and that’s how their followers may visit your content. Tweeting and retweeting interesting and valuable content from social media influencers helps those who follow you. When you help your followers discover new knowledge and information, you become a valued information source and build trust. Also, tell your followers to share your content. Sharable content is your gateway to success in content marketing. If you can get your users to share your content regularly, or in high enough volume, you will gain access to thousands of new potential followers. Videos, quizzes, and list-based articles tend to get more shares than other types of content, possibly because they’re relatively quick and easy to digest. Today there is competition everywhere you go but that shouldn’t stop you or demotivate you in any sense, the trick to this is being your own self and doing what you feel is right.
- Create different and unique content formats: people love new and unique content. You can make a promo video of your brand or YouTube video and share it on twitter. Authentic profiles get the best engagement. Your followers can tell when your Tweets are being real, or if you are just using a hashtag to seem relevant.
below are few tools to quickly put together visuals to market your brand:
Wave video: wave video is a free online video editor tool. You can easily merge several video clips and join them into one video using this tool. On Wave.video platform, users not only can host and edit their videos but also create new videos from scratch. It is not necessary to have pre-recorded footage in hand. Wave.video has a built-in stock library with millions of high-quality video clips, images, and music tracks to choose from.
Adobe spark: Adobe Spark is an online and mobile design app. Easily create stunning social graphics, short videos, and web pages that make you stand out on social media platforms such as twitter and Instagram. The full version of Adobe Spark is a paid service that sits on top of the Starter Plan and lets you create branded stories with your own logo, colors, and fonts.
- Get your team involved: Get your employees or co-workers involved and make their voices and stories part of your Twitter marketing strategy. Co-create and increase representation with diverse creators and influencers too. The most powerful form of digital marketing is collaborative marketing. Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success.
- Retweet: A person you retweeted is more likely to retweet your posts in the future, exposing your writing to a broader audience. People who post and repost effectively can build a following of millions of people. Retweets can see greater impression rates than an original post, which translates into more opportunities for users to see and follow your profile. You know it’s important that every tweet isn’t promotional. But it takes time to search the internet for content and then write a post from scratch. With retweeting, reading a post and writing commentary only takes a few minutes. When you review your Twitter analytics data on a weekly/monthly basis, see how the retweets fare. If any influencers engage back, be sure to keep retweeting them often. You can credit the tweet's author by simply leaving their name in the tweet, but to build your following, quote the tweet, instead of just hitting retweet, and your name appears as well. People make a big mistake by just hitting retweet which doesn't do you any good.