HOW TO MAKE A VIDEO PODCAST TIPS AND TRICKS
A video podcast or vodcast is a podcast that contains a video content. It often consists of a single static image or a video recording of the podcast hosts and guests.
Video podcasts can be a great way to engage with your audience when they are shot and edited in the right way. Podcasts are incredibly versatile, making them a great option for reaching your target audience wherever they are.
VIDEO PODCAST VS AUDIO PODCAST
Ask yourself, are you making content for people’s eyes or ears?
Video adds visual complexity and emotional depth that audio lacks. That’s one of the reasons videos are quickly becoming the foundation of the modern web. There’s no doubt that looking into your audience’s eyes builds a strong connection and that’s one of the great benefits of video podcasting.
But few people prefer listening more than seeing. Your audience can actively listen to your audio podcast while they are working out at the gym, walking their dog, driving etc. People don’t create separate apps for video podcasting whereas, audio podcasts could be listened to anytime and anywhere on apps such as Spotify.
It entirely depends on the creator how they would like to put their content into the world.
TYPES OF VIDEO PODCASTS FORMATS
- Interview podcast: An interview podcast involves a host and a guest. After a brief guest introduction, the host takes over asking questions to the guest. In an interview podcast, the guest does most of the talking. The host just has to steer the conversation.
- Conversational podcast: Conversional video podcasts generally involve a group of people discussing a same topic. Unlike an interview podcast format, however, all the people are hosts. Audience feel like they are a part of a club or group, especially when the hosts create an enjoyable and friendly environment.
- Solo podcast: This is a common type of podcast and it's often used by people who are experts in a certain area that they want to share with their audience. In a solo podcast, you are the center of attention, you don’t have to rely on anyone’s help or involvement. \
- Fictional storytelling podcast: Such podcasts can be done either solo or with a group of people. It is a virtual theatre where you create characters. Once a person feels connected or enjoys the story, such podcasts get really addictive and can bring more audience.
A STEP BY STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO MAKE A VIDEO PODCAST
- Decide the type of podcast you want to create: The first thing you got to do is to decide the type of podcast you want to film. This is the time you need to think — the stories you want to tell, the topics you want to cover, and all the interesting people you want to talk to!
- Get the equipment’s: below are some essential equipment’s that you will need:
- Camera: For filming a good professional podcast you need to have a good camera quality which has a higher inbuilt mega pixel.
- Microphone: audio is the most important thing in your podcast. Make sure you use a good quality microphone to record your podcasts.
- Tripod: To avoid a shaky footage, tripods are a must. A tripod frees you hand and you can shoot from a variety of angles.
- Create your video: the next thing you do is editing and creating the final video. Make sure to use good editing software. While editing the audio of the video make sure the audio is crisp clear to the audience. Carefully sync up and match the video to the audio.
Woah! You’ve finished your amazing creation, and it’s time to share it with the world!
- Promote your video: Never lose a chance of promoting your videos! Keep promoting them on different websites and social media platforms. You could even share the audio podcasts on spotify and apple podcasts and then direct the audience to watching the podcast video.
Congratulations! You have successfully finished the guide on how to create a video podcast. You are all set now.
So, start shooting your video podcast right away!